Saturday, January 22, 2011

I have a mission for the New Year

For years I have been struggling with clutter taking over my life.  With the help of the books written by Julie Morgenstern, like "SHED your stuff", I've really tried..  But, I always got mired down with the having too much stuff and getting rid of it part.
With online support (what did I do without the internet??), especially, Flylady, I have made progress at times, and at other times, not so much.
So, I have a mission:  turn my daughter's old bedroom into a safe place for my new granddaughter to play in.  Sounds like a fun project, doesn't it?  Except, for years now, the room has become a repository for all things WITHOUT A HOME that take up space in my house.  Here is an example of what it looks like now:
I remember when you could actually see the bed (it's under the pile against the wall).
Well, the baby was born on December 3rd, and her first birthday is my goal date.
I am going to blog as I teeter along.

Why did I accumulate so much stuff?  More on that later.

No comments: