Saturday, January 29, 2011

Progress on the mission

Well, just when I didn't feel like I was making much progress, I reached the dresser.  I emptied the drawers and sorted fabric by basic colors (pink prints fills two drawers, so I seem to have a strong preference for these), a blue and green drawer, a drawer for solid fabric (like you use for backing some of those pretty prints), a panel drawer with specialty print panels, and a totally empty drawer (for now, trust me, got loads more fabric).
My plan is simple (until I make it more complicated, which I am prone to doing):  I have all my sewing stuff sorted in mesh hampers (and one large clear plastic bin), by what type of fabric/what it is used for (for example, one is full of fabric I make dolls from).  The clear plastic bin is full of trims (have I mention I LOVE trims?).  As the drawers fill up, the hardest part begins - what I want to keep, and what I don't.  After doing downsizing of fabrics for the last couple of years, it begins harder to make that choice.  I also have a better idea of how much room I will have for storing these goodies.  Sigh.
Here is a before picture.  I will post an after, once this side of the room looks more after.

No comments: