Sunday, February 1, 2009


Okay, I confess - I'm hating winter this year. I hate being cold, feel less productive and am grateful that I have a short commute to work. Sigh.
But, spring will come.
I realized it's been forever since updating my blog. I am trying to find balance in my life. My mission statement as of right now is "enjoy the journey".
Had lunch with my eldest two, today. Hard to believe they both are college grads, now, with husbands and demanding careers. We even went shopping for the "baby momma" of my nephew (their cousin). We haven't met her yet, but, are going to a baby shower for her the 15th. We stuck to the registry except for some adorable onesies that Miranda couldn't put down. After all, this little girl (yes, they know and announced the sex already) will be family, even if this young couple doesn't make a go of it. They aren't married, but, it would be nice if they seemed committed at least. Parenthood is so BIG.
Anyway, enough!
My youngest is now in her second of semester of college, and I am struck all the time by how smart she is. I admire the way she devours the classics, not because she has to, but, she really likes them. She voted in her first election, too.
My middle daughter even made it to the inauguration with her husband and brother-in-law! I was moved by our president's speech and loved the music (taped or not!).
Well, I natter on enough.
Balance and joy in the journey. Good goals for this year.

No comments: